Thursday, December 6, 2007

Better leaders?

I have been pestered for a long time by a well meaning friend to start a blog. But being a lazy person and also having what I suspect a neo-luddite nature, I kept post phoning it. So at last here I am to clutter the cyber space with my ideas and opinions and whatnot...

So my first topic :

I read a few days back that the assembly and LokSabha constituencies will be redrawn and re-organized. The new electoral map will now have more urban constituencies. Now , going by the logic (unfounded & may be unreasonable) that
  • Most educated people move to cities in search of jobs.
  • The proportion of educated people in urban areas is more than the rural areas.
  • Educated people realize that it is their duty to vote.
  • Educated people are politically savvy and elect good, honest and able politicians.
Will it now mean that we will have a better set of politicians than in the past????

1 comment:

IdeaNaren said...

Welcome!

Perfect Blog Title...

About the post: Though educated people realize their duty to vote they never vote. And rural people atleast vote with short-term gains!